Women in Business Unlimited is the local host organization for the ATHENA Awards Program. The program celebrates the potential of all women as valued members and leaders of our community and recognizes those who support them. Each year WIBU solicits nominations from East Central Indiana. A panel of judges is chosen from outside of Delaware County to select the recipients. All nominees are recognized and the recipients are announced at the ATHENA Awards Luncheon. The ATHENA Awards Program is part of ATHENA International, whose mission is to support, honor, and develop women leaders.
Nominating for ATHENA
- Before you nominate someone for an ATHENA award, we advise you make them aware of the nomination and share information about ATHENA and WIBU with them.
ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Nominees are emerging leaders (40 and under) who meet each of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women both personally and professionally
ATHENA Organizational Nominees are businesses or organizations who meet each of the following criteria:
- Creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives